With an average 8 hour flight time from the UK to the Caribbean, and at least 3/4 hours from the US and Canada, we believe passengers have ample opportunity to turn any plane journey into a Spa opportunity. This way, guests can arrive at their luxury destination feeling refreshed and renewed – the perfect way to start any luxury retreat!
Careful packing can make or break your luxury visit. Space is vital in both your carry-on and suitcase, despite major long-haul flights now offering up to 35kg of home comforts. As seasoned packers know, we could always use space for more. We’ve narrowed down the best travel miniatures on the market, which can be kept in your hand luggage for in-flight pampering, or can save the all too familiar ‘routing around’ in your main suitcase once you step through the doors of your luxury villa.
BUYING FOR YOURSELF?
DERMALOGICA – SKIN KIT
Jumpstart your on-board indulgent experience with these coveted products from Dermologica. Suited for the normal to dry skin that in-flight air pressure can produce, they tone, cleanse and hydrate to leave baby-soft skin ready for the warm glow of the sun.
FOR THE MOST GLAMOROUS HAIR
PHILIP KINGSLEY – JET SET BODY AND VOLUME KIT
We all love to “fly-away”, but not when it comes to our hair. This ultra-rich shampoo, conditioner and elasticizer set adds body, volume and shine without adding weight and the smaller sizes are specially approved for airline liquid carry-ons.<>
FOR THE MAN WHO DOESN’T LIKE FUSS
NIVEA FOR MEN – TRAVEL ESSENTIALS
Designed to fit into hand luggage, and packed with everything the well-groomed traveller needs from face to body care. For the more indulgent low-maintenance travel kit try the Heathcote and Ivory Men’s Weekend Travel Essentials.
FOR THE FULL LUXURY EXPERIENCE
MOLTON BROWN – UNISEX CARRY-ON COLLECTION
It may claim to be unisex, but it’s certainly not for sharing! Their capsule collection of their signature Cocoa and Sandalwood products allows you to build your own portable beauty sanctuary wherever you lay your hat. The Ylang-Ylang room fragrance lifts whilst the Cedrus temple soother calms tired minds.
FOR THE SELF-CONSCIOUS TEEN
LIZ EARLE – ESSENTIALS ‘TRY-ME’ KIT
Liz Earle caters for those younger guests who’s skin plays havoc when they experience the humidity that the Caribbean can bring. Their compact selection of products is packed into a wipe-clean cosmetics bag, perfect for on the go clarity. From personal experience their hot cloth cleanser is magical and banishes those blemishes!
FOR A LUXURIOUS GIFT
L’OCCITANE – JET SET TRAVEL ESSENTIALS
For the savvy traveller, these miniature treats can prove a luxurious addition to their hectic schedules, and are a novel approach to a useful but indulgent gift.
WE ALSO LOVE…
SEPHORA COLLECTION – ‘BEAUTY ON THE FLY’ TRAVEL BAG
This TSA-approved, see-through travel bag is the ideal solution for those wanting to contain their carry-ons in style. The slick design is re-usable and makes travelling through security a breeze. Ideal for those more creative passengers who prepare their own DIY in-flight beauty regimes!
THE HANDPICKED VILLAS’ TEAM IN FLIGHT ESSENTIALS
We asked our frequent-flyers in our team to let us into their in-flight essentials, and have listed the Top 5 products below!
1. URBAN DECAY – ALL NIGHTER LONG-LASTING MAKEUP SETTING SPRAY This beautifully delicate make-up setting spray is loved by the female members of our team for it’s complete lockdown capabilities and it’s resistance to humid conditions – perfect for those warm Caribbean evenings or days on the beach! It uses a patented temperature control technology to lower the temperature of your makeup so it stays crease and smudge free for longer. Their travel size edition is perfect for those long-haul flights where you want to step from the plane, looking as glamorous as your luxury destination.
2. ELIZABETH ARDEN – EIGHT HOUR CREAM Just…because. Crammed into the make-up bags and beauty cases of industry professionals world wide, this miracle skin protectant is available in a wide range of travel and full size options. The award winning cream calms, protects and hydrates skin and lips for up to eight hours. The perfect solution for those needing to save space, as it cures a plethora of travel problems. Apply mid-flight for a dab of luxury.
3. POCKETBAC – HAND SANITIZER This miniature must-have is ideal for the frequent traveller, and those wishing to keep germ-free during their flight and whilst on-island. Their 29ml travel sanitisers are easily popped into your carry-on for a freshen-up on the go, and are available in 30+ flavours! We recommend Mango Hibiscus and Coconut Cabana for a taste of the Caribbean, wherever you’re heading.
4. VIOLIGHT – SLIM SONIC TOOTHBRUSH There’s nothing more refreshing than cleaning your teeth after a long journey. Stale breath can sometimes be an inevitable result of lack of sleep, the air quality of the cabin and the difference in menu. However, allow us to introduce the Slim Sonic Toothbrush from Violight which proves a godsend mid-journey and whilst abroad. Compared to a standard, fold-away toothbrush this slim, ’22-000 brushstrokes per minute’ revelation can give you the deep-clean feeling of your normal electric toothbrush without taking up to much space in your carry-on. Available in a variety of colours and operated by a AAA battery, we’re convinced! Featured here in ‘Sapphire Metallic’.
5. LA FRESH – TRAVEL LITE MAKE UP REMOVER WIPES Frequent travellers and those in-the-know, recognise the importance of keeping your skin hydrated and comfortable whilst in the cabin and it’s difference in air quality. These delightful Travel Lite wipes dissolve even heavy-duty makeup leaving silky skin and a feeling of calm. Containing Vitamin E and promising a carry-on friendly experience, we’re ready for take-off with these small luxury packs.